Now, let's review the best practices related to monitors and alerts:
- Define a comprehensive list of monitors that will cover all aspects of the working of the software system that Datadog is monitoring.
- It's possible that you might only be using Datadog to address a certain part of the monitoring requirement, and, in that case, make sure that the monitors defined cover your area of focus.
- To avoid alert fatigue, make sure that all alert notifications are actionable, and the remediation steps are documented in the notification itself or in a runbook. Continue fine-tuning the thresholds and data window size until you start getting credible alert notifications. If monitors are too sensitive, they can start generating noise.
- If any amount of fine-tuning is not enough to tame a monitor from sending out too many alerts, consider deleting it, and plan to monitor the related scenario in some other reasonable way.
- Integrate monitors with your...