First, let's see what the basic skills are that you'll need before starting the following chapters and the work on Dogify.
- A basic understanding of Gradle
- An understanding of Kotlin's core concepts
We've covered both of the aforementioned topics in Chapter 3, Introducing Kotlin for Swift Developers.
Also, since the shared code will be consumed by an iOS and Android app, knowledge of the following topics, although not necessary, would be good to have:
- Android Gradle Plugin (AGP) and its Domain-Specific Language (DSL)
- Jetpack Compose (the new declarative UI Toolkit on Android)
- SwiftUI (the new declarative UI Toolkit on iOS)
- Swift's Combine framework
- Experience with Xcode
Since all of the aforementioned is very well documented with multiple sources...