Purpose of the SAD
The need for architecture documentation often gets ignored, and teams start working on implementation without understanding the overall architecture. A SAD provides a broad view of the overall solution design to keep all stakeholders informed.
The SAD helps to achieve the following goals:
- Communicate the end-to-end application solution to all stakeholders
- Provide high-level architecture and different views of the application design to address the application's service-quality requirements such as reliability, security, performance, and scalability
- Provide traceability of the solution back to business requirements and look at how the application will meet all functional and non-functional requirements (NFRs)
- Provide all views of the solution required for design, building, testing, and implementation
- Define the impacts of the solution for estimation, planning, and delivery purposes
- Define the business process, continuation...