Creating alerts for specific activities performed by users in OneDrive
As an administrator, you can create alerts to be notified when users perform certain actions in OneDrive for Business (or any other app). In this recipe, we'll focus on creating an alert for when users share OneDrive files externally.
You need to be a global administrator to complete this recipe.
How to do it…
- Go to the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center at https://protection.office.com.
- Select Alerts > Dashboard from the left navigation pane.
- Select New alert policy from under Alert policies.
- Define the Name, Description, Severity, and Category details of the alert:
- Set the Activity is dropdown to Shared file externally and the Site collection URL is text box so that it includes your root OneDrive site collection followed by an asterisk, similar to https://natechamberlain-my.sharepoint...