When it comes to doing specific tasks more efficiently and precisely, embedded systems are preferred. They work as independent components, and they can be collectively combined into larger pieces of equipment. The internet is a vast and endless source of information; consequently, the Internet of Things (IoT) plays a major role in making embedded devices smarter so that they can be managed and controlled remotely.
In this chapter, we'll deep dive into the following recipes related to embedded software and IoT:
- Toggling the port of a microcontroller in Embedded C (blinking LED)
- Incrementing the value of a port in Embedded C
- Toggling the voltage in an output pin using Arduino (blinking LED)
- Taking input from the serial port using Arduino
- Sensing the temperature using Arduino with the LM35 sensor