With the dominance of mobile devices and the need to provide instant network connectivity, wireless networks have become the ubiquitous access point to the Internet. Unfortunately, the convenience of wireless access is accompanied with an increase in effective attacks that result in theft of access and data as well as the denial of service of network resources. Kali provides several tools to configure and launch these wireless attacks, allowing organizations to improve security.
In this chapter, we will examine several housekeeping tasks and wireless attacks, including:
- Configuring Kali for wireless attacks
- Wireless reconnaissance
- Bypassing MAC address authentication
- Compromising WEP encryption
- Attacking WPA and WPA2
- Wireless attacks and social engineering—cloning an access point
- Intercepting communications—man-in-the-middle wireless attacks
- Man-in-the-middle wireless attacks
- Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks against wireless communications...