In this chapter, we have learned about different aspects of security in OpenStack. We know that OpenStack consists of multiple independent projects to enable the users to have a self- provisioned, managed, and self-serviced infrastructure.
In OpenStack, we have the following key services:
- Nova: This project provides compute resources to instances.
- Glance: This project gives image storage where snapshots, ISO images, and templates are stored, which are used to create instances.
- Cinder: This project is responsible for providing block storage, which is used to store persistent files or you can say that Cinder volumes are used as root volume and additional data volume for instances.
- Swift: For objects storage in OpenStack, we have Swift, which is used to store utility and static content such as image, DOCs, and PDF.
- Manila: This project provides shared file storage in OpenStack, which works on NFS protocol.
- Neutron: This project provides networking services in OpenStack.
- Keystone: For identity...