Book Image

Mastering Responsive Web Design

By : Ricardo Zea
Book Image

Mastering Responsive Web Design

By: Ricardo Zea

Overview of this book

Building powerful and accessible websites and apps using HTML5 and CSS3 is a must if we want to create memorable experiences for our users. In the ever-changing world of web design and development, being proficient in responsive web design is no longer an option: it is mandatory. Each chapter will take you one step closer to becoming an expert in RWD. Right from the start your skills will be pushed as we introduce you to the power of Sass, the CSS preprocessor, to increase the speed of writing repetitive CSS tasks. We’ll then use simple but meaningful HTML examples, and add ARIA roles to increase accessibility. We’ll also cover when desktop-first or mobile-first approaches are ideal, and strategies to implement a mobile-first approach in your HTML builds. After this we will learn how to use an easily scalable CSS grid or, if you prefer, how to use Flexbox instead. We also cover how to implement images and video in both responsive and responsible ways. Finally, we build a solid and elegant typographic scale, and make sure your messages and communications display correctly with responsive emails.
Table of Contents (16 chapters)
Mastering Responsive Web Design
About the Author
About the Reviewers

Why do we need to worry about responsive e-mails?

The main reason we need to worry about responsive e-mails is simple: about 65 percent of e-mails are opened on mobile devices (smartphones and tablets). The remaining 35 percent of e-mails are opened on desktop. Additionally, responsive e-mails have more engagement than nonresponsive ones.

In addition to this, e-mails opened in desktop have more engagement than e-mails opened on mobile devices.

Check out the following articles:


The term engagement means that the user clicks/taps. So, more engagement simply means more clicks/taps.