Version 5 is a complete rewrite of version 4 and can be found at the following address: https://github.com/ReactiveX/rxjs. Its largest contributor is Ben Lesh, with other notable contributors including Andre Staltz. Version 5 is also Angular's choice of library for handling HTTP, among other things.
In this chapter, you will learn:
- Which patterns make up RxJS
- The core concepts of RxJS
- How to manually create your own Observables and subscribe to them
- The many ways you can create an Observable
- The importance of managing cleanup
- Understanding what lies beneath by learning to implement the core part of the RxJS library...