After making a number of changes to the page header, the generator meta tag, and the site favicon, this recipe takes a more active role by adding a link to each post or page, allowing visitors to email a link to the item that they are currently viewing. This functionality is implemented using a filter hook attached to the page and post content, allowing our custom function to append custom output code to all entries that get displayed on the screen.
- Navigate to the WordPress plugin directory of your development installation.
- Create a new directory called
- Navigate to this directory and create a new text file called
- Open the new file in a code editor and add an appropriate header at the top of the plugin file, naming the plugin
Chapter 2 - Email Page Link.
- Visit an icon download website, such as http://iconarchive.com, and download an email icon in a small size (32 x 32 pixels...