The first step toward giving visitors the ability to contribute to a website is to present a form that they will be able to use to submit new content. This recipe shows how to create a shortcode that can easily be inserted on any WordPress page to render a simple form.
You should be running the final version of the Book Reviews plugin created in Chapter 4, The Power of Custom Post Types, or using the final resulting code (
Chapter 4/ch4-book-reviews/ch4-book-reviews-v11.php) from the downloaded code bundle.
- Navigate to the WordPress plugin directory of your development installation.
- Create a new directory called
ch6-book-review-user-submissionand open it.
- Create a text file called
- Open the new file in a code editor and add an appropriate header at the top of the plugin file, naming the plugin
Chapter 6 - Book Review User Submission.
- Add the following line of code to declare a new shortcode...