Once the tasks have been created and the script has been crafted for a do-it-yourself approach, or the study has been set up in the vendor platform, there are just a few more things to check before starting the study:
- Check the product under testing to make sure that participants can access it. This includes checking the URL, credentials, or the installation of an executable.
- Perform a dry run of the tasks.
- Check that the script contains all necessary information or perform a dry run of the study in the vendor platform.
- If the study is a team effort, make sure that one person is appointed as the main point of contact. This person should be available to follow the progress of the sessions, and should be ready to jump in should participants have questions.
- Typically, user feedback will be delivered within a short timeframe. Now is a good time to determine who will review the results, and to clear that person's schedule for the appropriate times.