The UX researcher creates the script based on their conversations with the stakeholders about the main areas to be covered. The script is provided to the study participants at the start of the study and should include the following:
- Optional post-task or post-session questions
A sample script is provided in the appendix.
- A thank-you for participating.
- A description of what will happen in the session.
- An explanation that the goal is to get honest feedback and that there are no right or wrong answers. It should include an explicit invitation to provide feedback because some cultures are more reluctant to provide feedback, especially if it is negative.
- A listing of any limitations, such as whether the product under testing is a prototype or a test version. Inform the participant of this and the possible consequences: there may be bugs, not all links will necessarily work, and content may be missing,...