The UX researcher creates the script based on their conversations with the stakeholders about the main areas to be covered. The script is provided to the study participants at the start of the study and should include the following:
- Post-task questions
- Post-session questions
A sample script is provided in the appendix.
- A thank-you for participating.
- A description of what will happen in the session.
- An explanation that the goal is to get honest user feedback, and that there are no right or wrong answers.
- A listing of any limitations, such as whether the product under testing is a test version or a prototype. Inform the participant of this and the possible consequences: There may be bugs, not all links will necessarily work, content may be missing, replaced by placeholders, incoherent, and so on.
- A confirmation of the expected schedule, including how much time the participant has to complete the session...