We use the following technologies in this chapter:
- TypeScript playground: This is a website at https://www.typescriptlang.org/play/ that allows us to play with asynchronous code without installing anything.
- Node.js and npm: TypeScript and React are dependent on these. We can install these from https://nodejs.org/en/download/. If we already have these installed, make sure npm is at least at version 5.2.
- TypeScript: This can be installed via npm with the following command in a terminal:
npm install -g typescript
- Visual Studio Code. We'll need an editor to write our React and TypeScript code, which can be installed from https://code.visualstudio.com/. We will also need the TSLint (by egamma) and Prettier (by Estben Petersen) extensions installed within Visual Studio Code.
- jsonplaceholder.typicode.com: We will use this online service to help us learn...