Data is the most valuable asset in the world right now, and knowing how to manage it is a must. In Vue, we have the power to choose how we can gather this data, manipulate it as we want, and deliver it to the server.
In this chapter, we will learn more about the process of data manipulation and data handling, form validations, data filtering, how to display this data to the user, and how to present it in a way that is different from what we have inside our application.
We will learn how to use various vue-devtools so that we can go deep inside the Vue components and see what is happening to our data and application.
In this chapter, we'll cover the following recipes:
- Creating your first project with the Vue CLI
- Creating the hello world component
- Creating an input form with two-way data binding
- Adding an event listener to an element
- Removing the v-model directive from the input
- Creating a dynamic to-do list
- Creating computed properties and understanding how they work
- Displaying cleaner data and text with custom filters
- Creating filters and sorters for a list
- Creating conditional filters to sort list data
- Adding custom styles and transitions
- Using vue-devtools to debug your application
Let's get started!