What is CI/CD?
- Continuous Integration is the automated process of verifying that the code has been built, tested, and merged into a repository
- Continuous Delivery means delivering changes to the repository
- Continuous Deployment means publishing the changes to the production server, where the changes are made available to the users
Now, let’s think about how we could implement CI/CD for our application. We already have all the parts – we just need to put them together. The process would work like this:
- Run all code checks for the application (unit and integration testing, linting, type checking, format checking, and so on)
- Build the application and run end-to-end tests
- If both processes finish successfully, we can deploy our application