Practicing and exploring
Test your knowledge and understanding by answering some questions, getting some hands-on practice, and exploring this chapter's topics with more in-depth research.
Exercise 6.1 – Test your knowledge
Answer the following questions:
- What is a delegate?
- What is an event?
- How are a base class and a derived class related, and how can the derived class access the base class?
- What is the difference between
- Which keyword is used to prevent a class from being derived from or a method from being further overridden?
- Which keyword is used to prevent a class from being instantiated with the
- Which keyword is used to allow a member to be overridden?
- What's the difference between a destructor and a deconstruct method?
- What are the signatures of the constructors that all exceptions should have?
- What is an extension method, and how do you define one?
Exercise 6.2 – Practice creating an inheritance hierarchy