4. RESTful APIs with Node.js
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Set up the project structure for an Express.js API
- Design an API with endpoints using different HTTP methods
- Run the API on the localhost and interact with it via cURL or a GUI-based tool
- Parse user inputs for endpoints and consider different ways of dealing with errors
- Set up an endpoint that requires user authentication
In this chapter, we will use Express.js and Node.js to set up an API that can be used by frontend applications.