Data is a part of everyday life nowadays. If it weren't for data, you wouldn't be reading this book or trying to learn more about Vue.
Knowing how to fetch and send your data inside an application is a requirement for a developer, not just an extra skill that's nice to have. The best way to learn it is by practicing it and finding out how it is done behind the scenes.
In this chapter, we will learn how to build our own API data manipulation with the Fetch API and the most popular API library in the web right now, axios.
In this chapter, we'll cover the following recipes:
- Creating a wrapper for the Fetch API as an HTTP client
- Creating a random cat image or GIF component
- Creating your local fake JSON API server with MirageJS
- Using axios as the new HTTP client
- Creating different axios instances
- Creating a request and...