After downloading the ISO files, we will create a Linux machine over VMware ESXi and KVM hypervisors.
We will use the VMware vSphere client to create a virtual machine. Log in to one of the available ESXi servers using root credentials. First, you will need to upload either the Ubuntu or CentOS ISO to the VMware data store. Then, follow these steps to create the machine:
- Right-click on the server name and choose New Virtual Machine:
- Choose a Custom installation, so that you will have more options during the installation:
- Provide a name for the VM: AutomationServer.
- Choose the machine version: 8.
- Choose the data store on which the...