In this chapter, we will outline how to automate F5 BIG-IP platforms running as load balancers (LBs) or Local Traffic Manager (LTM) appliances. We will explore how to interact with F5 LTM nodes using Ansible and how to onboard these devices and accelerate application deployment hosted by these devices, using various Ansible modules. We will base our illustration on the following sample network diagram. The diagram shows single F5 LTM nodes connected to direct current (DC) switches:
The main recipes covered in this chapter are as follows:
- Building an Ansible network inventory
- Connecting and authenticating to BIG-IP devices
- Configuring generic system options on BIG-IP devices
- Configuring interfaces and trunks on BIG-IP devices
- Configuring virtual local area networks (VLANs) and self-internet protocols (self-IPs) on BIG...