Alteryx Analytics is a tremendous platform allowing analysts to easily prep, blend, and analyze all their data using a repeatable workflow. Many business groups, such as marketing, finance, healthcare, and sales find it difficult to quickly analyze data they can act upon instantly using legacy approaches, such as Microsoft Excel and other platforms. Alteryx solves these problems with a seamless process, by using tools to gather, cleanse, and join data from different sources. This repeatable workflow for self-service data analytics delivers deeper insights in hours, not weeks.
You will be accomplishing the task of building and publishing analytic models by using tools in a drag-and-drop environment within the same intuitive user interface. You’ll learn data preparation and data cleansing from spreadsheets and other sources to determine key insights and how share those key insights.
In this chapter, we'll focus on the following foundation topics:
- Downloading and installing Alteryx Designer
- An introduction to Alteryx Designer and what makes it such a powerful self-service analytics platform
- A look inside the Alteryx Designer architecture and understanding how the Alteryx Engine drives data processing in a repeatable workflow
- An overview of the workflow configurations, ensuring indispensable selections are met to create an optimal workflow
- Exploring the tool palettes filled with endless tools within various tool palettes (Getting familiar with the tool palettes will provide quick and easy access to designing your workflow)
- The Favorites tools to categorize and save most utilized tools