HDInsight is a type of implementation of Hadoop that runs on the Microsoft Azure platform. HDInsight builds on the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), and is completely compatible with Apache Hadoop.
HDInsight can be perceived as Microsoft's Hadoop-as-a-Service (Haas). You can quickly deploy the system from a portal or through Windows PowerShell scripting, without having to create any physical or virtual machines.
The following are features of HDInsights:
- You can implement a small or large number of nodes in a cluster
- You pay only for what you use
- When your job is complete, you can deprovision the cluster and, of course, stop paying for it
- You can use Microsoft Azure Storage so that even when the cluster is deprovisioned, you can retain the data
- The HDInsight service works with input-output technologies from Microsoft and other vendors
As mentioned, the HDInsight...