In this chapter, we'll learn the structure of a simple Bash command line, and the basics of quoting. You should read this chapter all the way through, paying careful attention especially to the material on quoting, even if you feel you already know how Bash commands work.
In this chapter, you will learn the following:
- How to use Bash interactively
- The structure of simple commands
- How to quote data safely
- How to run several commands with one command line
- How to make a command line stop if a command fails
- How to run a command in the background