In Chapter 9, Getting Started with ArcGIS Online, you learned about ArcGIS Online and the power that the platform has to store and display your data. You learned how to take data you have authored in ArcGIS Pro, upload it to ArcGIS Online, and display it in a web map that can be shared with anyone. Now, you will learn about the smart mapping abilities that ArcGIS Online has to help you save time and effort in creating visually appealing and meaningful web maps.
In this chapter, you will cover the following:
- Leveraging Esri's smart mapping in ArcGIS Online
- Creating beautiful and easy-to-understand maps in just a few clicks
- Using smart mapping to help perform menial tasks to save you time
- Using a new cross-platform expression language called Arcade
- Creating new dynamic data from your data for use in symbology, labeling, and pop-ups
In this chapter, you will be using web maps and layers that can be found in the GitHub link provided at the beginning of this...