An individual using multiple devices has become the norm in today’s world. Most of the devices we use today store our identities in various forms. This allows our identity information to be easily exposed. This can happen at an operating system level, an application level, a storage level, or a network level. Using various devices makes our life easy, but we are sacrificing identities and other sensitive information by ignoring privacy. If a device is stolen, stored data can be accessed easily unless the device storage is encrypted. Most identities are exposed due to unawareness of various types of attacks.
Individual identities can be exposed in multiple ways, including the following:
- Publicly available sources
- Blogposts and registrations to newsletters by email addresses
- Social media
- Registrations to various services using identity information
- Selfies and other images published on different platforms
- Online and offline forms...