Every new car coming out today allows you to use your Android phone for navigation, messaging, calls, and playing music by using Android Auto. Although cars have their own dashboard, using Android Auto on your mobile phone has huge advantages:
- It allows addresses saved with Google Maps or Waze to be used without having to re-enter the addresses in the car's navigation system.
- You can use your favorite messaging application, such as WhatsApp.
- You can take advantage of Google Assistant and perform hands-free tasks, such as asking what the outside temperature is.
- You can use your favorite music players, such as Sound Cloud or Spotify.
- You do not have to learn a new car dashboard. For example, whenever I travel and get a new rental car, I plug in my phone and use Android Auto, and I am ready to go in a minute.
In this chapter, you...