Using JPA to Create and Access a Database
This chapter covers how to use Jakarta Persistence API (JPA) with Spring Boot and how to define a database by using entity classes. In the first phase, we will be using the H2 database. H2 is an in-memory SQL database that is good for fast development or demonstration purposes. In the second phase, we will move from H2 to MariaDB. This chapter also describes the creation of CRUD repositories and a one-to-many connection between database tables.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Basics of ORM, JPA, and Hibernate
- Creating the entity classes
- Creating CRUD repositories
- Adding relationships between tables
- Setting up the MariaDB database