We are now ready to get started on developing our ASP.NET 2.0-based MCMS applications. There are a number of quirks with the MCMS web application templates, which we need to bear in mind during development.
1. Switch back to Visual Studio 2005.
2. In Solution Explorer, right-click on the website (http://localhost/mcmstest), and click New Folder.
3. Enter Templates as the folder name.
4. Right-click the Templates folder and click Add New Item…
5. In the Add New Item dialog, select the MCMS Template File item and enter Basic.aspx in the Name textbox. Click Add.
6. The new
Basic.aspxtemplate file is created and opened in Source View.
7. Examine the contents of
Notice that the
Basic.aspx file has a few problems. Some elements are highlighted by IntelliSense "squiggles", and if we attempt to build the website, a number of errors will prevent a successful build. Let's correct the
Basic.aspx template file.
1. In the