Now it is time to create an MCMS template file based on the master template that we have just created. We will create a plant template, which will be used within the TropicalGreen site to create fact-sheet postings about plants.
The fact sheet is a resource for hobbyists wishing to find out more about certain plants. Club members are avid gardeners. They often exchange gardening tips with fellow members. Younger green thumbs look up the information posted in the Plant fact sheet to tap into the wealth of experience that has been posted by fellow gardeners.
1. In Solution Explorer, right-click the Templates folder, and click the Add New Item... button.
2. Select Web Form template within the Visual Studio Installed Templates section.
3. In the Name textbox, enter Plant.aspx.
4. Select the Select master page checkbox and click the Add button.
5. In the Select a Master Page dialog, select the TropicalGreen.master page previously created, and...