- How does a Kubernetes operator work?
- What are the differences between using the Helm CLI and using a Helm-based operator?
- Imagine you are tasked with creating a Helm operator out of an existing Helm chart. What steps would you take to complete this task?
- How do the install, upgrade, rollback, and uninstall lifecycle hooks function in a Helm operator?
- What is the purpose of the
crds/folder in a Helm chart?
- In the Using Helm to manage Operators and CRs section, we introduced two different Helm charts that can be used to help manage Operators and CRs. Implement the Helm charts by using the chart layouts provided within that section. The charts should be used to install the Guestbook operator and to install the Guestbook CR. Refer to Chapter 5, Building Your First Helm Chart for assistance on creating a Helm chart.