Now that we've made our hardware decisions and have a handful of shiny new servers just waiting for something to do, let's install Splunk Enterprise on them!
The topics we'll cover in this chapter include the following:
- How to install Splunk Enterprise on Linux and Windows platforms
- Becoming familiar with Splunk's directory structure
- Understanding Splunk's configuration file precedence and how it affects option settings
- How to configure each Splunk component to perform its specific function
- Using a checklist to ensure that a Splunk environment is properly configured
- Implementing Splunk in multiple environments—zones and cross-environment search
- How to document a Splunk solution
There's a lot to do, so let's get started!