In this chapter, we will explore the SQL-like query language used in Azure Stream Analytics to run transformations and computations on streaming data. We'll discuss how common and complex stream processing requirements can be met with straightforward queries, demonstrating with samples along the way.
Specifically, the topics we will cover in the chapter are:
- Using built-in functions within queries to parse, aggregate, and transform streaming data
- Working with simple and complex data types typical of streaming data
- Exploring the building block elements of the Stream Analytics query language
- Windowing to perform computation on events grouped by configurable periods of time
- Handling the temporal nature of streaming data with job configuration settings and time management query patterns
- Understanding event delivery guarantees offered by Stream Analytics