In an advanced XML dashboard, the value of the layoutPanel attribute determines which panel a module is drawn to. This separation of logic and layout can be useful—for instance, allowing you to reuse data generated by a query with multiple modules—but displays the results on different parts of the page.
A few rules for this attribute are as follows:
- The layoutPanel attribute must appear on all immediate children of <view>.
- The layoutPanel attribute can appear on descendant child module tags.
- If a module does not have a layoutPanel attribute, it will inherit the value from the closest upstream module that does.
- Modules that have visible output are added to their respective layoutPanel attributes in the order they appear in, in the XML.
- Modules flow in the panel they are placed in. Most modules take the entire width of the panel, but...