In this first chapter, we’ll start by installing Moodle.
After providing an overview describing the most suitable setup, we will outline the necessary software and hardware requirements before covering the following installations:
- Installing Moodle in a LAMP environment
- Installing Moodle via the command-line interface (CLI)
- Upgrading Moodle manually and via the CLI and Git
We won’t be covering the installation on operating systems other than Linux, but we will provide some pointers to resources for Windows and macOS.
Moodle can be scaled from a single instructor to an entire institution. We will only cover basic installations and present solutions to some common problems. We will also assume you are familiar with basic Linux system administration.
In this chapter, we will be covering the following topics:
- Preparing your Moodle installation
- Installation in a LAMP environment
- Installation via the command...