Odoo supports multiple languages and allows different users to use different languages according to what they're most comfortable with. This is done through the built-in i18n features of Odoo. With string translations, Odoo also supports number format of date and time formatting too.
In this chapter, you will learn how you can enable multiple languages in Odoo and how to add translation files in your custom modules. This will improve the user experience of Odoo when understanding these new features.
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Installing a language and configuring user preferences
- Configuring language-related settings
- Translating texts through a web client user interface
- Exporting translation strings to a file
gettexttools to make translations easier
- Importing translation files into Odoo
- Changing the custom language URL code for a website
Many of these actions can be...