In the previous chapter, we explored a few interesting and really useful enhancements made to the AWS Identity and Access Management Service (IAM) along with a quick deep dive into AWS Organizations as well.
In this chapter, we will be learning and exploring three extremely useful and powerful services provided by AWS that are specially catered toward enhancing a developer's experience with continuous code deployments: AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline!
Keeping this in mind, let's have a quick look at the various topics that we will be covering in this chapter:
- Introducing AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline along with each service's concepts and internal workings
- Creating your first CodeCommit repository and uploading an application to it
- Running basic Git commands against your new code repository
- Configuring the CodeDeploy agent on an EC2 instance
- Leveraging the AppSpec file for configuring...