Azure Cloud Architecture Overview for Mission-Critical Workloads
In Chapter 5, we looked at the Azure platform as a whole. In this chapter, we are going to focus on the features and services that support mission-critical workloads. Typically, these are the types of workloads that run on legacy systems, especially mainframe systems.
This chapter covers the following topics:
- What is mission-critical?
- Understanding Azure at a high level
- Understanding Azure’s approach to availability and resiliency
- Looking at Azure’s approach to IaaS
- Discussing firewalls versus network security groups
- Using Azure PaaS features
- Understanding Azure features for integration
- Understanding Azure features for backup and recovery
- Looking at a sample Azure deployment for a mainframe workload