Across various industries, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of KPIs that businesses use to measure themselves. The previous chapters of this book have focused on metrics that are common to most businesses, such as metrics dealing with dates and times, finances, customers, employees, and projects. This chapter focuses on measures of business processes that are more particular to specific industries, such as manufacturing, health care, and supply chains.
We will cover the following recipes in this chapter:
- Calculating Days of Supply
- Computing the mean time between failures
- Constructing a patient cohort (AND slicer)
- Determining overall equipment effectiveness
- Optimizing On Time in Full
- Analyzing Order Cycle Time