In this chapter, we'll learn about SwiftUI's innovative way of building user interfaces across all platforms. SwiftUI does not use UIKit concepts such as Auto Layout. It has a completely new layout system designed to make it easy to write applications that work across Apple platforms.
We'll also learn about views and controls, SwiftUI's visual building blocks for app interfaces. We will look at how to use text, images, buttons, navigation, and much more.
By the end of the chapter, you'll be able to combine various views and components to create crisp and beautiful user interfaces.
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- How to lay out components
- Dealing with text
- Using images
- Adding buttons and navigating with them
- Beyond buttons – how to use advanced pickers
- How to apply groups of styles using ViewModifiers
- Separating presentation from content...