Components are becoming an essential aspect of frontend development, and are a feature in most modern frontend frameworks, including Vue, React, Angular, Polymer, and so on. Components are even becoming native to the web through a new standard called Web Components.
In this chapter, we will use components to create an image carousel for Vuebnb, which allows users to peruse the different photos of a room listing. We'll also refactor Vuebnb to conform to a component-based architecture.
Topics covered in this chapter:
- What components are and how to create them with Vue.js
- Component communication through props and events
- Single-file components-one of Vue's most useful features
- Adding custom content to a component with slots
- The benefit of architecting apps entirely from components
- How render functions can be used to skip the template compiler
- Using the runtime-only build of Vue to lighten the bundle size