Working with Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure, also known as Azure, is a public cloud service by Microsoft for building and deploying application services in the cloud. Azure provides a full offering of a highly scalable IaaS at relatively low costs, accommodating a wide range of users and business requirements, from small teams to large commercial enterprises, including financial, health, and governmental institutions.
In this section, we'll explore some very basic deployment workflows using Azure, such as the following:
- Creating a Linux virtual machine
- Managing virtual machine sizes
- Adding additional storage to a virtual machine
- Moving a virtual machine between resource groups
- Redeploying a virtual machine
- Working with the Azure CLI
You need an Azure account in order to gain hands-on experience while following the content of this chapter. We encourage you to create a free Azure account, which will provide you access to free popular services...