In this chapter, we will build a chat app with real-time communication. To do this, we need a backend. We will create a backend that can scale up to handle a large number of users but also scale down when the number of users is reduced. To build that backend, we will use a serverless architecture based on services in Microsoft Azure.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Creating a SignalR service in Microsoft Azure
- Using Azure functions as an API
- Scheduling jobs with Azure functions
- Using blob storage to store photos
- Using Azure Cognitive Services to scan photos for adult content