Enhancing Applications with Community Toolkits
The Windows Community Toolkit (WCT) and the .NET Community Toolkit are collections of open source libraries for Windows and .NET developers. The toolkits contain controls and libraries that can be leveraged by the Windows UI Library (WinUI), Universal Windows Platform (UWP), .NET Multi-platform App UI (.NET MAUI), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Windows Forms (WinForms) applications. In the Microsoft Store, there is a companion sample application for the WCT that developers can install to explore the controls and learn how to use them.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Learning about the background and purpose of the toolkits
- Using the toolkit sample application to explore the controls available in the WCT
- Leveraging toolkit controls in a WinUI project
- Exploring the helpers, services, and extensions for Windows developers in the WCT
- Discovering what’s available in the .NET...