Creating your first Uno Platform project
In this section, we are going to create a new Uno Platform project that will be the basis of our cross-platform version of the My Media Collection application that we created in several of the earlier chapters of this book. Before we can create a new Uno Platform project, we need to install the extension:
- Start by opening Visual Studio and go to Extensions | Manage Extensions to open the Manage Extensions window.
- In the Search field, search for
- The Uno Platform extension should be the first result. Click Install and restart Visual Studio to complete the installation.
- When you open Visual Studio again, select Create a new project.
- In the Search for templates field, enter
Uno Platform. You will get several results for the different Uno Platform project types.
- Select the Uno Platform App template and click Next.
- Name the project
UnoMediaCollectionand select Create. This will launch Uno Platform Template...