Packaging and Deploying WinUI Applications
WinUI developers have several options to package and deploy their applications. Developers can create an account on Microsoft Store and upload a packaged app to be released for public consumption through Microsoft Partner Center. App packages can also be created to be distributed by organizations through Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Microsoft Intune, or sideloaded by individuals on Windows PCs.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Discovering application packaging and MSIX basics
- Getting started with application packaging in Visual Studio
- Deploying applications with Windows Package Manager
- Distributing applications with the Microsoft Store
- Sideloading WinUI applications with MSIX
By the end of this chapter, you will understand the methods available to package and distribute your WinUI applications and how to use each of them.