This chapter is all about the basics of the C# programming language. Over the course of this chapter, you’ll learn how to write statements using the grammar of C#, as well as being introduced to some of the common vocabulary that you will use every day. In addition to this, by the end of the chapter, you’ll feel confident in knowing how to temporarily store and work with information in your computer’s memory.
This chapter covers the following topics:
- Introducing the C# language
- Discovering your C# compiler version
- Understanding C# grammar and vocabulary
- Working with variables
- Exploring more about console apps
- Understanding async and await