Practicing and exploring
Test your knowledge and understanding by answering some questions, getting some hands-on practice, and exploring with deeper research into the topics of this chapter.
Exercise 7.1 – Test your knowledge
Answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between a namespace and an assembly?
- How do you reference another project in a
- What is the benefit of a tool like ILSpy?
- Which .NET type does the C#
- When porting an application from .NET Framework to .NET 6, what tool should you run before porting, and what tool could you run to perform much of the porting work?
- What is the difference between framework-dependent and self-contained deployments of .NET applications?
- What is a RID?
- What is the difference between the
- What types of applications written for the .NET Framework can be ported to modern .NET?
- Can you use packages written for .NET Framework with modern .NET?