In this chapter, we:
- Reviewed the journey of .NET 8 for BCL functionality.
- Explored the relationship between assemblies and namespaces.
- Saw options for publishing an app for distribution to multiple operating systems.
- Learned how to publish to native AOT for faster startup and smaller memory footprint.
- Learned how to decompile .NET assemblies for educational purposes.
- Packaged and distributed a class library.
- Learned how to activate preview features.
In the next chapter, you will learn about some common BCL types that are included with modern .NET.